30 reasons to switch to inbound marketing
Inbound marketing engages with people looking to buy by offering relevant, timely and engaging resources to guide them on their buyer journey. Having seen the results from 100+ inbound marketing campaigns we've seen the results first hand.
But for those that need a little more convincing we've compiled 30 great reasons for your business to switch to inbound marketing. Here are a few of our favourites:
- 68% of marketers believe their inbound marketing strategy is effective, whereas only 32% of marketers believe their outbound marketing efforts are effective.
- B2B companies that blog at least 1 or 2 times a month generate 70% more leads than the companies who don't blog.
- In a 2017 report 46% of marketers said inbound marketing gave their organisation higher ROI.
- People consume at least 3 to 4 pieces of content before engaging with a brand on its platform.
- 59% of businesses identify that inbound practices provide the highest quality leads for their sales team, vs 16% of business that identified outbound marketing practices as being effective.
- Inbound marketing leads cost 61% less than outbound leads.
- Properly executed inbound marketing is 10X more effective for lead conversion than outbound.
- 77% of online customers prefer permission-based promotions via email; in fact 8 in 10 millennials state they've left a favourite website due to intrusive advertising.
- The average cost per lead drops 80% after 5 months of consistent inbound marketing.
- Content marketing (an important part of inbound marketing) costs 62% less than traditional marketing and triples the leads.
- Inbound marketers double the average website conversion rate.
- 1/3 of marketers think outbound marketing tactics are overrated.
- 68% of online buyers will spend considerable time reading content published by a brand they are interested in.
- 80% of business' decision makers prefer getting brand information through an article series versus advertising.
- 96% of B2B (Business to Business) buyers want content with more input from industry thought leaders.
- Conversion rates for content marketing adopters are nearly 6 times higher than non-adopters.
- 68% of online buyers report spending "considerable time" reading content published by a brand they advocate, with half that time spent on custom content.
- 77% of the B2B purchasers prefer to do their own research before ever speaking to a salesperson.
- Companies see a 55% increase in leads when they increase the number of web-based landing pages from 10 to 15.
- Inbound marketing generates three times more leads per dollar than traditional methods.
- Nurtured leads make purchases 47% more often than their non-nurtured counterparts.
- Website with blog content have 434% more search engine-indexed pages than those that don't publish.
- 97% of B2B marketers use LinkedIn for content marketing.
- 86% of highly effective organisations have someone in charge of content strategy.
- 70% of of businesses moving into 2017 planned on producing more original content as part of their ongoing marketing efforts.
- Long-form blog posts generate as much as 9X more leads than short form blog posts.
- 46% of B2B content marketers conclude that high quality photography is critically important to the success of their current marketing and storytelling strategies.
- The cost of 3 out of 4 inbound marketing channels is less than the cost of any outbound marketing channel.
- Nurtured leads commit to a 47% higher purchase value than non-nurtured leads.
- Companies with an effective inbound marketing have seen at least a 15% increase in enquiries on average vs the same period last year.1
Do you want to check your inbound marketing and discover the areas you're under-utilising? Take our free Inbound Marketing Assessment for a personalised report.
1 - Vanguard 86 Internal Statistics
Download your free guide to Smarter SEO
Good SEO can mean the difference between your business being found, or you being lost in the growing mass of online resources. This guide is designed to help you rise above your competition.Download now