Inbound marketing engages with people looking to buy by offering relevant, timely and engaging resources to guide them on their buyer journey. Having seen the results from 100+ inbound marketing campaigns we've seen the results first hand.
But for those that need a little more convincing we've compiled 30 great reasons for your business to switch to inbound marketing. Here are a few of our favourites:
- 68% of marketers believe their inbound marketing strategy is effective, whereas only 32% of marketers believe their outbound marketing efforts are effective.
- B2B companies that blog at least 1 or 2 times a month generate 70% more leads than the companies who don't blog.
- In a 2017 report 46% of marketers said inbound marketing gave their organisation higher ROI.
- People consume at least 3 to 4 pieces of content before engaging with a brand on its platform.
- 59% of businesses identify that inbound practices provide the highest quality leads for their sales team, vs 16% of business that identified outbound marketing practices as being effective.
- Inbound marketing leads cost 61% less than outbound leads.
- Properly executed inbound marketing is 10X more effective for lead conversion than outbound.
- 77% of online customers prefer permission-based promotions via email; in fact 8 in 10 millennials state they've left a favourite website due to intrusive advertising.
- The average cost per lead drops 80% after 5 months of consistent inbound marketing.
- Content marketing (an important part of inbound marketing) costs 62% less than traditional marketing and triples the leads.
- Inbound marketers double the average website conversion rate.
- 1/3 of marketers think outbound marketing tactics are overrated.
- 68% of online buyers will spend considerable time reading content published by a brand they are interested in.
- 80% of business' decision makers prefer getting brand information through an article series versus advertising.
- 96% of B2B (Business to Business) buyers want content with more input from industry thought leaders.
- Conversion rates for content marketing adopters are nearly 6 times higher than non-adopters.
- 68% of online buyers report spending "considerable time" reading content published by a brand they advocate, with half that time spent on custom content.
- 77% of the B2B purchasers prefer to do their own research before ever speaking to a salesperson.
- Companies see a 55% increase in leads when they increase the number of web-based landing pages from 10 to 15.
- Inbound marketing generates three times more leads per dollar than traditional methods.
- Nurtured leads make purchases 47% more often than their non-nurtured counterparts.
- Website with blog content have 434% more search engine-indexed pages than those that don't publish.
- 97% of B2B marketers use LinkedIn for content marketing.
- 86% of highly effective organisations have someone in charge of content strategy.
- 70% of of businesses moving into 2017 planned on producing more original content as part of their ongoing marketing efforts.
- Long-form blog posts generate as much as 9X more leads than short form blog posts.
- 46% of B2B content marketers conclude that high quality photography is critically important to the success of their current marketing and storytelling strategies.
- The cost of 3 out of 4 inbound marketing channels is less than the cost of any outbound marketing channel.
- Nurtured leads commit to a 47% higher purchase value than non-nurtured leads.
- Companies with an effective inbound marketing have seen at least a 15% increase in enquiries on average vs the same period last year.1
Do you want to check your inbound marketing and discover the areas you're under-utilising? Take our free Inbound Marketing Assessment for a personalised report.
1 - Vanguard 86 Internal Statistics