Bringing home bronze
On the 1st March 2018 the New Zealand Direct Marketing awards were held at the Cordis in Auckland.
Vanguard 86 were finalists in the CRM Multi-channel category alongside 12 other entries. It was the most finalists of any category of the night and featured some massive campaigns and agencies. A sample includes:
- Bringing Email Home - hunch & Colenso BBDO for Spark NZ
- Fly Buys Rewards Magazine - Fly Buys
- It's a no brainer - Chemistry Interaction for Contact Energy
- New World Clubcard (Even more rewarding) - justONE for Foodstuffs NZ (New World)
- PAK'n SAVE Gets Sticky - justONE & FCB New Zealand for Foodstuffs NZ (PAK'n SAVE)
- Rollover - Colenso BBDO for Spark NZ
- World Masters Games 2017 - SpeakData for World Masters Games 2017
Our entry was for clients Genius Homes and a campaign we ran early in 2017 targeting farmers that are looking to buy cost effective, high quality housing for their staff. The campaign had already received Highly Commended in the Australasian Catalogue Awards but against the strong field above we appreciated our status as finalists.
We were over the moon to be awarded bronze in category for our efforts against such exemplary competition.
The scoring for the awards is not as straightforward as other competitions. Each tier (gold, silver and bronze) has a points-based threshold. This means that being the only finalist in a category does not guarantee gold! In fact there were several categories that had no winners at all on the night.
The award rounds off an incredible year for Vanguard 86. The agency went from HubSpot Silver partner to Gold within 9 months, received local and Australasian accolades all while remaining focused on delivering outstanding inbound marketing activities to partner businesses.
filed under Vanguard 86